Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Review: Mmm... Beefy

Creator: Meyers’ Elgin Sausage
Location: Cuetopia, TX - Home of the Fighting Sausage Heads
Cost: @$14.95 +shipping
Link: Beef Jerky

The folks at Cuetopia were kind enough to send me some of their product to sample. I am glad they did. I received a box of some of their sausage, beef jerky and a rub. Over the next few weeks I will be posting reviews of the products.

I like beef jerky. My girls like beef jerky. When we go on trips we buy beef jerky at gas stations we stop at. If it is a local brand of jerky, we will try it. Otherwise it is one of the big name brands.

Myers’ jerky is great. It is beefy with the right amount of salt to bring out the flavor. It is not greasy or oily like some of the major jerky brands. It is not soft, which I like. They smoke it and dry it out so you have to suck on it and chew it for a while making it last longer, causing you to savor the flavor more.

I let my family try some and they all said the same thing, “Mmm… beefy,” and promptly asked for more.

If this jerky was in a store next to the other brands I would pay the extra for it. It is that good. On the Gibbs Ribs scale* I gladly give this jerky a full rack. As the folks at Cuetopia say “We make our jerky for us to eat; we just sell what’s left over.”

*When I do reviews, books or otherwise, I rate the items with ribs (they are my favorite BBQ dish). A full rack is great and a single rib is poor. I will tend to stick to a full rack, half rack or one rib.

No comments:

Post a Comment