Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: Doomer's Q Dark - Chocolate makes everything better

Creator: Doomer's LLC
Location: Parkville, MD
Cost: $14
Link: Doomer's "Q" Sauce


I entered a drawing for Doomer's Q sauce around the Super Bowl and won their three sauce. I reviewed their original one and loved it. The Dark sauce is reminiscent of a molé sauce and works really well with grilled and BBQed meats.



First Look
This sauce has a dark, rich brownish-red hue to it. It's thick and a great consistency for painting on meat. You can see the spices suspended evenly in the sauce. Looking at it poured on a plate it says, "Taste me."



First Taste
This sauce is rich and savory. It has a nice sweet salty flavor with a hint of chocolate at the end. It also brings a nice heat with it. It is not a mouth numbing burning heat but a warming pleasant one that will enhance the flavor of meat.

Cook Test
I actually did two cooks with this sauce. Once with chicken once with pork chops. Unfortunately I didn't photograph the chicken cook. The sauce plays really well with the flavor of the chicken.

For the pork chops I put my rub on it and then put the chops on the grill. When they were almost ready to come off I painted them with the sauce. The sauce acted like a glaze.












The entire family agreed that this sauce ROCKS! It adds great flavor and the chocolate finish is subtle but nice.

Who would have thought chocolate would work in a sauce. When I first heard that this sauce had chocolate I was skeptical but after some thought I remembered molé sauces have chocolate in them too and they are good. This sauce earns a Full Rack of Ribs on the Gibbs Ribs scale*. It is a nice sweet and savory flavor with a chocolate finish. It works well on a variety of meats. I would love to try it on ribs. I recommend trying this sauce and Doomer's Q other sauces.

*When I do reviews, books or otherwise, I rate the items with ribs (they are my favorite BBQ dish). A full rack is great and a single rib is poor. I will tend to stick to a full rack, half rack or one rib. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete